Thursday, October 28, 2010

Louisville 1/2 Marathon Results





This is coming a little late; however, the Louisville 1/2 Marathon went really well! I cannot say I was pumped up about this race due to past experiences but I was running with my friend Thomas, and we ran well. Here are the results:

Bib Number: 584
Overall Place: 27th
Division Place: 3rd
Chip Time: 1:33:25
Overall Pace: 7:08/mi.

I normally do not place in my age, so I was extra pumped when I pulled up the results. My prize was the pair of socks you see pictured. The entire race was filled with great conversation with Thomas. Whether talking about future races or vacations, or just about life in general, we talked a lot. This helped take my mind off certain negative thoughts I would rather not mention.
This was the last year for the Louisville 1/2 and Marathon in Louisville. The organizers of the race told me they were taking the race to Shelbyville, KY and changing the name due to lack of city funding and expensive police prices......

Thanks again to all for your support!

HAPPY RUNNING!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm not surprised that Todd and Cynthia are moving the race out to Shelbyville. They do all of their other races out of town due to hassle of planning an event in the Metro. Nice prize by the way...it's pretty cool to get a "podium spot". I've done it twice in tri's, but never stuck around to claim my prize because I wasn't expecting to finish that high!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did the same thing! We left and I found out later that I placed!
    Good for Cynthia and Todd. I told them if they needed any help I would be glad to assist!

    ReplyDelete