Friday, May 14, 2010

Geist 1/2 - One Week Away!!!!


As the beautiful Geist Half Marathon draws near, training gets amped up and I get more confident. Training has been going really good. Somehow I have developed some tendonitis in my right arm but that's not slowing me down. Some long runs added up to over 30 miles this week and I am ready for Geist. Here's how my runs went:

5/9/10 10.22 miles @ 7:19/mi pace
5/10/10 5.01 miles @ 7:23/mi pace
5/11/10 7.60 miles @ 8:02/mi pace
5/13/10 3.80 miles @ 7:30/mi pace (shortened by rain)
5/14/10 5.01 miles @ 7:39/mi pace

I have had some really fantastic runs this week and look forward to a long life filled with many more!
As i have shared before, this is a beautiful run that I suggest to all. Here are some of the benefits:
Event Highlights & Premiums
Scenic view of beautiful Geist Reservoir
Custom finishers medal crafted by Geist Jewelers
Commemorative long-sleeve T-shirt
Computerized timing & scoring
Great course support
Entertainment throughout the course
Outstanding post-race party on the shores of Geist Reservoir
Water & Gatorade available at 10 aid stations along the route
USATF certified course

HAPPY RUNNING!

No comments:

Post a Comment