Saturday, May 22, 2010

Geist Half Marathon Results


Another race finished, another PR set. First off, I have to say WOW! I never imagined hitting this low of a time this year. After setting a PR in the KDF Mini and another in the Flying Pig, we really blew Geist out of the water, setting another PR by nearly 5 minutes! That's 3 in a row!!! Here are the results:

bib number: 1654
age: 31
gender: M

overall place: 64 out of 3187
division place: 12 out of 197
gender place: 56 out of 1502
overall time: 1:33:05
overall pace: 7:07

5mile: 35:29 7:06/mi pace 93rd place
10mile: 1:11:06 7:07/mi pace 70th place
last5k: 22:00 7:06/mi pace 58th place
overall: 1:33:05 7:07/mi pace 64th place

Miles 1-3: I felt like Thomas and I were running to fast. He looked at his watch and told me we were at a 7:04/mi pace - this scared me although I felt good.

Miles 4-6: My thighs were sore but I knew I had prepared well and I had a lot left in me, so we maintained a quick pace.

Miles 7-10: I looked at a marker clock, noticed our time and the possibility of another PR, and carried on.

Miles 11-13.1: I knew we had another PR. Tom and I had run the whole race together and we smoked it. I feel like we have something in our friendship where we just feed off of each other's strength.

Thanks to Tom for running a great race and the love and support Ames and LJ give us in all these races. Pictures will be posted on my Facebook tomorrow evening.

This is the second time I have ran the Geist and it is a great race for only being in the third year. Well organized, well supported, well managed, and a beautiful area result in an overall excellent experience. Tom Britt, his team, and all the volunteers and soldiers really deserve kudos for an excellent event. Thanks everyone!

Chicago is the next scheduled half, September 12th, however, we may do a few before. Keep an eye on the blog and I'll keep ya posted.

HAPPY RUNNING!
http://jamesrunsthenation.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment