Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Am I Falling Apart?


Today, consisted of a 5.16 mile run - the first run back since the PJ's 10-miler. I wanted to take it light and test out my left knee and IT band. Pace was 7:50/mi. Fitness is great. I knew the left knee injury was there, although not much pain existed today. However, after all the rest and focus on my left knee, I felt some irritation in the outside of my right ankle... Am I getting old???
I know I have been over-compensating on my right side, which is the reason for the ankle pain. I just wish it would all go away.

TIP: Pain is part of running, the trials and tribulations. When nursing an injury, try not to just focus of that part of your body. Listen to the entire body by taking a moment to perform a mental scan. Your body will talk to you and tell you areas you may need to resist from favoring or may need to stretch more before and after your run. This moment may occur within your first mile or the last or maybe even both. Whichever the case, listening to the messages your body is sending you is critical to maintaining good health.
HAPPY RUNNING!

No comments:

Post a Comment