Monday, April 19, 2010

Congrats to Tom Hines!


For starters, I want to give a HELL YEAH! to a friend and training partner, Thomas Hines. He completed today's Boston Marathon in 3:13:55. That's an incredible 7:24/mi pace for 26.2 miles!! Good run my friend!

As far as my training goes, the knee injury is healed to about 85% and my fitness is 189.3% LOL! I ran 7 miles today at a pace of 7:39/mi. That included a couple of stops at a water fountain in EP Tom Sawyer Park and another to catch my breath (I was running to fast!). I never stopped my timing though... I am feeling great and looking forward to this weekend's KDF Mini Marathon. The rest of the week will involve a taper-down in miles, a couple of rest days, and a lot of hydrating and carb-loading!

TIP: The 2010 KDF Marathon and Mini Marathon will be about the same temperature as 2009, with rain probable. Anyone remember what this means? You will heat up later in the race. Good thing this year we're had a little time to adapt to the heat! Do not wait until Thursday and Friday to hydrate. Proper hydration is built over time. Use this entire week to hydrate with water, Nuun, Gatorade and water retaining foods like oranges and cantaloupe. In addition, carb-load with pastas. This provides energy for the body to burn throughout the race. But it does not end here. Remember to hydrate during the race to keep your body from drying out. Think of liquids as lubrication that enables easy movement in all parts of the body. Use these tidbits and have a great race Saturday. Remember the motivators that got you to this point and enjoy yourself as you complete your goal!
HAPPY RUNNING!

No comments:

Post a Comment