Friday, April 23, 2010

Training is never over. Goals for the KDF Mini


Well, training is over for the 2010 Kentucky Derby Festival Mini Marathon. I have worked hard, through some tough injuries. The excuses are useless and it is time to step up. I ran a short "loosen up" 3-mile run today and I felt amazing! Although windy and gloomy, it was a great run to boost my confidence for tomorrow's race.
Now to my goals. My goal in every 1/2 marathon is to run below 1:40 - the only time I have done this was my very first KDF mini. I would like to do 1:40, although I will be happy around 1:44. You never know with the weather we are suppose to be running in tomorrow.
TIP: Tomorrow's race with almost certainly be a rainy, stormy and windy one. Avoid the cotton clothing and wear gear that wicks away moisture. Maybe you will feel the dampness, but you will not feel like you are lugging around last week's laundry basket! Cotton holds moisture, clings to your body and traps the sweat in. It gets heavy and irritating and you will hate yourself for wearing this type of clothing. The good folks of the KDF gave us a technical shirts this year so be sure to wear it.
Best to luck to the 15,000 runners participating in the race. I wish all a happy, safe, satisfying run.
HAPPY RUNNING!

No comments:

Post a Comment