Monday, April 12, 2010

Good Run in B-Town


I am rationing out my runs to allow healing time for my IT irritation in the left knee.
Sunday's run in Bloomington was a little testy. Not due to pain or injury, but due to unfamiliarity with where I was running. The sidewalks around Assembly Hall (basketball arena) and "the Rock" (football stadium) are a little choppy with high curbs. With this being my first run in four days, I had to be concerned and put safety first. I felt good all the way. My left knee performed beautifully on the tough terrain - the only pain was where I accidentally banged my putter against it the day prior! Overall, I feel like with a little more rest, the knee will be ready for the upcoming three half-marathons.
TIP: Its always good to run in unfamiliar places whether it be on vacation or just a place your are visiting. Before you run, survey the area. Drive around and assess the place and make a smart decision on if you should be running here... HAPPY RUNNING!

No comments:

Post a Comment